Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Gold and Green - and Vintage Aprons

Fall Loveliness



I took some pictures today as I was driving out to our new place.  Mostly to check the stream for spawning salmon.  Saw one, but didn't get my lense cap off in time :)


Even with an excessive amount of rain, it's pretty out here this time of year.  I love watching the clouds settle into the foothills.




At least all the natural beauty is helping to take my mind off the, um, unforseen difficulties on the new house, that we have not moved into YET!  But more on that later.



Oh How I love Vintage Aprons!


Here are some dandy aprons I thought I would share with you.  It is the month for all things orange, right?


 
 

I give unto you, Exhibit Orange.

A lovely, 70's brown and orange retro paisley print - with a smart touch - a dish towel sewn right in.


And better yet, nothing was wasted, the fringe on one end of the towel became pocket trim.  I love it!



And, the rest of Exhibit Orange:


Orange poofy tulle!  This dandy apron is even orange AND black. 

It's almost enough to make me think ' the good old days' really were better.  Though, as my Dad reminds me, outhouses were not much fun.  Guess you gotta be grateful for things like indoor plumbing.

Ahhh, so much for my romantic notions of the past today. 

Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment