Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Moving right along..........

It's final now.

Now that we have nearly remodeled our ENTIRE old house......

Of course, it is time to move on. 

We are moving into an ugly brown house and couldn't be happier about it.






Yep, this one is brown on the OUTSIDE, as well as much of the inside.
 


We have been searching for the right place for our energetic tribe for two years.

And then finally, it happened.

Down a country road.  Past the lady with the Dahlia farm and the fresh eggs for sale.  Up the hill a little, and we're there. 



Home. 

Three acres of loveliness.  A sunny pasture.  A creek.  Lovely maple trees.  Blueberries.  Goldfish.  Wisteria climbing a trellis.  An old barn.  A quiet pond.




An opportunity for some childhood memories.  A magical place.

Every time I walk the grounds I notice some new plant, or some new thing.  A place where the water flows differently in the creek.  A frog.  The perfect tree.  A flower bush hidden from view.  A birdhouse. The smell of cedars. 

Our Home!

So, the house um, maybe needs a little, or well, let's be honest a LOT of TLC. Mostly in the um cosmetic department.  Might be 20 years of TLC before we're finished, but we'll eventually get there.

Some of you have expressed confidence in my decor and design abilities, and I thank you for that!  I think this house might present a challenge for even the great Martha :)

But, But............

I look forward to sharing the journey with all of you, again.

This journey, of turning a house into a home.

The good, the bad, and again, the ugly brown.

It's another brown house, inside and out. 

How I will miss my little old house and my little old neighborhood.

But for our family, this is a dream come true.

Oh my heart.  Thinking of it now takes me back to such happy childhood days of exploring and discovering.

If you keep your sense of wonder, and have a fun spirit, a part of you can be a child forever.




Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment