Thursday, January 31, 2013

Chair Makeover



Awhile back I decided to try my hand at Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.

I found an old brown table and slapped on some paint.

It covered well, no prepping, but I wasn't that thrilled with the results.

It's a very flat paint and showed a lot of brushstrokes.

I decided to give it another try.

 
 
This old chair has seen better days.
 


I chose Paris Grey.

This time I did some sanding after.

I started sanding to remove drips and brushstrokes, but then one thing led to another, and I started sanding to bring out the lines of the peice.

I've never been a fan of distressing furniture, but after I saw the results, I kept on sanding.  I was really starting to enjoy myself at that point.


 
 
The distressing brought depth and dimension to the peice. 
 



Then I used a natural bristle brush to apply wax and then buffed it into the surface with a soft cloth. 

I am changing my mind about things.




Both about the paint, and about the sanding.

My walls are grey, so I put the chair up against a white bookshelf to see the color


I'm already working on another peice, a LARGE one, that I'm pretty excited about.

You can officially add me to the  Annie Sloan Chalk Paint fan club.  Is there one?




I'm linking up today to French Country Cottage
And Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Feature Friday
 


 
Furniture Feature Fridays

1 comment: