Thursday, February 7, 2013

My Secret Romantic Gardens


We have all this lovely landscaping.

But, it's all in a state of beautiful neglect right now. 

That just makes it all the more enchanting. 




Did you ever dream of having a secret garden?

Or read a novel about a magical garden space?




 
 
 


We have our work cut out for us this year.

But for now, I like things just the way they are. 





We are quite anxious to see what comes up this spring.  Better than Christmas!!


  



I am such a romantic.




When I was a child we moved here from Central Utah.  I had never before seen moss, ferns, frogs, or trees like this.  I found the forest so enchanting, and had a secret place of my own deep in the woods. 

There are lots of natural 'rooms' here where my own kids can let their imagination roam.


 
 
 
 

 
 
 
Linking up to French Country Cottage
and Jennifer Rizzo's Fabulously Creative Friday Party
 

4 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful. The ferns and rocks are magical, and I love moss. We have a (small) woodland garden, and it's probably my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful woodland space! Your children must be in heaven... I would be too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone must be in the mood for summer because I'm seeing a lot of garden posts lately. I love all the features in your garden. The arch, the rocks, the moss ... all of it! Can't wait to see it when it warms up. I'll bet it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beyond beautiful - how lucky you are!!! All the architectural details are just perfection.
    Can't wait to see your spring photos!

    ReplyDelete