Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Chalk-painted Cabinet



This peice had seen better days, for sure, from many years of kids and use.

But it was made by my father-in-law and had wonderful diamond detail in the doors.  We wanted to keep it. 


 
 
Here it is before
 
This is my second trial of Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint.  I am really starting to love this stuff.  I used old white for the base, and paris grey for the doors. 
 
 
This time I didn't hesitate to sand.  It really brought out details in the peice and gave the paint some depth. 
 

 
I also used the clear wax and applied it with a natural bristle brush. 
 
 
 
It's looking great in my living room, with some spring flowers and my knitting basket.
 
 
 
 
So many yarns, so little time.  Endless possibilities!
 
 
 
Another ASCP success!!  More to come.  I have so many brown peices to paint.  Can't wait, but I'm out of paint for now.
 
Linking up to Tuesday's Treasures
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. It's absolutely gorgeous now!!!
    These are my 2 go to colors of ASCP and the pieces I redo that sell the quickest have all been Paris Grey and Old White!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely makeover! I love the color palette! Hope you can stop by the enchanted oven for a visit.
    xo,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that you used this blue/gray color, and that you let the diamonds pop in white.

    ReplyDelete